The screen pass has demonstrated to be a powerful weapon in any hostile course of action. At the point when utilized and executed right it can unleash destruction on the protection.
In this article we will characterize what is a screen pass, some unique screen plays, when to us them and why.
What is a Screen Pass:
It is a play from the short passing game that is intended to appear as though a long upward pass play. Groups line up a similar way the do when they are tossing the ball down the field.
The quarterback drops back like in any standard pass play and the hostile linemen hold their squares for as long as two seconds prior to delivering and letting the pass rushers charge the QB. Its motivation is to deceive the protection, diminish the quantity of pass protectors, have the hostile men obstructing down field and consume the safeguard for enormous yards.
The objectives would be equivalent to any upward pass play, wide recipients, tight finishes and running backs.
Regular Screen Plays:
- Regular Screen: Typically this pass is tossed to the running back who positions himself between pass rushers and the hostile linemen impeding down field. The pass is tossed behind the line of scrimmage and the linemen can hinder down field taking out the linebackers and the recipients block the protective backs.
- Air pocket Screen: การพนันฟุตบอล The beginning of this play is credited to previous Montana Grizzly Coach Don Read and credit for its noticeable quality goes to previous Notre Dame Coach Lou Holtz who took in the play from Read and acquainted it with Division 1 football.
The wide recipients are the objectives for this play. They make one stride off the line of scrimmage at that point head back towards the quarterback to get the ball as the linemen block past them setting up the screen. This play is successful against one man to another inclusions and zone guards.
- Quarterback Throw Back Screen: This play requires the quarterback to either throw the ball to a running back or toss it to a wide recipient. At that point the QB runs the other way will a divider linemen hindering before him with the running back or collector passing the ball back to the quarterback. This play is otherwise called the “Rush Breaker.” It is best against substantial blitzing guards.
- When to utilize the Screen Pass: This passing system can be utilized most whenever during a game and is extremely compelling against groups that are blitzing a great deal. Those groups are truly powerless against the Quarterback Throw Back Pass while groups that are in one man to another or zone are presented to the Bubble and Jail Break Screen.
At the point when the running match-up is slowing down or the offense can’t reliably get rolling the screen pass is an approach to get things moving. It can make the protection play genuine and give the quarterback more certainty, for example, how the Denver Broncos have finished with Tim Tebow.
- Why Use Screen Plays: 1. Flash a slowed down running match-up 2. Hinder the pass surge 3. Beat the Blitz 4. Open up the upward passing game 5. Endeavor one man to another and zone inclusions.
All in all the screen pass ought to be essential for each group’s hostile strategy. It makes protections play more fair and need to consider the procedure in their cautious strategy. It makes more approaches to get your expertise players into space with the ball and get large gains.
There are a great deal of screen play training DVDs with many screen plays. Utilize the connections beneath and see which ones best fit your offense